FIRST BI-ANNUAL CARBON RIVER PINK OPEN
By: Monica Haman
September 01, 2011
Sunday September 4th 2011, from Daylight to 5:00pm. Weigh in at 4:00pm-5:00pm at Big J's Outdoor Store in Orting, WA. $10 entrance fee gets you into the derby. This derby isn't making anyone any money, not even a non-profit group. All funds paid goes towards First Place Cash prize. Lower tier prizes are going to be provided by sponsors. This is an open derby, to all.
1. You must pre-register and send the $10.00 by midnight Sep 3rd, we will not be collecting cash the day of the derby.
2. Payment of cash prize will be through paypal, we are not bringing cash to the derby.
3. The event fee of $10.00 will be used for the First Prize Purse.
4. You may fish ANY area on the Carbon River that is open to fishing. WDFW rules and all laws must be followed. You must show a fishing license that matches your registration name to claim a prize.
5. Guides may fish in the tournament if they register and pay with everyone else. Also, everyone fishing from a boat (unlikely) must be registered in the tournament if any one person in that boat wishes to enter a fish for prize money.
6. You MUST be back for the awards ceremony at Too be determined at or BEFORE 5:00 PM. Anyone showing up after 5:00 PM will be disqualified from consideration as a winner.
7. Fish will be measured rather than weighed to discourage lead stuffing. Our decision on winners will be FINAL, using the weight formula 0.0013 x L x G^2. Please note: Even with our tournament requirements there are ways to cheat if a person is so motivated. Don't be one of them. You will be disqualified, banned from future events and your name will be disseminated among the fishing community as a cheating dirtbag if you are caught.
8. Winners will be announced at 5:00 PM.
9. The participants are fully responsible for their own actions. The tournament, its organizers and it's sponsors will not be liable for any acts or omissions by any of the Tournament participants. Please be safe and courteous while on the rivers, on your way to and from the rivers, and while interacting with non-Tournament people on the rivers and off.
10. Any questions or concerns about the rules and their interpretation, or any situations that come up that aren't covered clearly by the above rules, will be dealt with by the Judge before the Winners are awarded. Their decision(s) will be final.
11. All photos/videos taken of this event are only for your own personal use and may not be published, even online, without the express permission of the event organizers. Permission will not be unreasonably withheld and is soley for the purpose of keeping people's faces out of the pictures who do not want to be in them, keeping with the Anonymous theme of this site. If you don't want to be in any photos, contact the admin at tripleduboutdoors.com or admin at fishchan.com, and we will make sure we don't clear any pictures with your face in them. Photos without identifiable faces in them, or photos of just yourself do not apply to this policy.
12. Prizes will be awarded for largest pink salmon and at least 2nd and 3rd largest pink salmon. Winners will get to choose in order of prize, to take the cash or one of sponsors prize baskets. Lower winners can choose from whats left until prizes are gone.
Click Here To Register